Inspire a Future Health Care Provider
The Duke AHEC Health Career Program has ongoing needs for volunteers to assist with our awareness and pipeline programs. Our goal is to expose middle and high school students to as many healthcare professions as possible, including the non-clinical professions required to make the health care system operate seamlessly!
We need volunteers:
- To serve as classroom presenters,
- To lead hands-on demonstrations of skills used with your professions (suturing, science experiments, lab techniques, taking vital signs, etc.)
- To serve as preceptors or mentors for high school student internship program,
- To introduce students to your profession through a tour of your department or unit, or
- Any other interactive and informative activity you would like to provide.
If you are interested or want more information, please complete this form. A staff person will contact you to share more about our health careers program and answer any questions you may have!